We have really really been enjoying our Kindles for the past several months. They were given to us as a gift before we left on this trip, and we highly recommend them for traveling!
Nearly every night, we keep our eyelids peeled open for a few minutes (or hours) longer just to escape into the world of a story.
Recently we’ve read:
- George Muller’s Narratives, currently on #3
- numerous short stories by Hawthorne
- Spinward Fringe series, currently on book 7 (sci-fi)
- Alpha Rising by G.L. Douglas (sci-fi)
- The Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G. Wells
- Pawsgaard by Jon Thysell
- The Life and Adventures of Robin Crusoe
- The Queen’s Necklace by Alexander Dumas
- Lotus Buds by Amy Charmichael
- The House of the Seven Gables by Hawthorne
The larger percentage of these have been read by Richard (it has been rumored that he doesn’t work quite as hard as Mary and he reads much faster)
Our very most favorite books have been The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson. We’ve devoured these books (sometimes in 2 nights!):
#1 On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness: Adventure. Peril. Lost Jewels. And the Fearsome Toothy Cows of Skree. (see link for picture)
#2 North! Or Be Eaten: Wild escapes. A desperate journey. And the ghastly Fangs of Dang.
#3 The Monster in the Hollows
#4 is supposed to be complete in 2012. It’s now 2012. We are waiting eagerly….